So if you haven’t heard, my recent post about “The One I Love” was Freshly Pressed this last Friday, which was so amazingly fun and cool. The number of new readers doubled in size, and the number of views to this humble little blog basically quadrupled. This is the most popular I’ve ever been.
And to top it all off, Lux was sweet enough to not only provide my first ever art submission inspired by my writing here, but she also nominated me for a Sunshine Award! Thanks so much, Lux! Here are the details:
Sunshine Award Rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite color? Black. I know, everyone tells me it’s not a color, but whatevs. Black t-shirts make it so much easier to hide my belly.
2. Favorite animal? It’s a boring answer, but my absolute favorite animal is a dog. The amount of shapes and sizes they come in and their absolute devotion to their owners make them the best animals on the planet. Also, I’m holding out hope that I’ll one day own a baby elephant, baby rhino, and baby hippo, because they are ridiculously cute and act like puppies.
3. Favorite number? 14, because I like how it sounds in Spanish.
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Topo Chico. I gave up Pepsi but still needed the carbonation and now it is my favorite drink ever. And I feel kind of fancy when I drink it or order it at a restaurant.
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I’m not pithy enough for Twitter.
6. My passion? Writing, especially writing comic books, and reading.
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? Both. I love looking for cool books for my nieces and nephew, but I’m not gonna lie, I likes me some presents.
8. Favorite pattern? Plaid, especially plaid on flannel.
9. Favorite day of the week? Friday. I get done with work early, have time to take a nap, do some reading, and STILL have two more days to loaf around. It’s the day of endless possibilities.
10. Favorite flower? Lilac. My parents have a huge lilac bush in their front yard that’s been there for over 30 years and it always reminds me of spring.
chowning heights — a former co-worker recently started a blog where he shares his short stories and they are damn good
Rival Angels — my buddy Alan’s female wrestling comic. also damn good.
Axl Rose: Hungry Time Traveler — a history lesson involving Axl Rose popping up at major world events eating snacks. it is awesomely hilarious.
Springfield Punx — an artist “Simpsonizes” other pop culture characters. if you’re a Simpsons fan, you must check this out!
The Man Of Many Shades — one of the most original webcomics I’ve come across, about an escaped convict trapped in a little girl’s crayon drawings
Shamus Stone — top-notch detective noir in webcomic form
Hear! Hear! — just discovered this over the weekend and it’s great, full of excellent music news and reviews
I MADE YOU A MIXTAPE — I love this music blog. Recently discovered and a great way to learn about new music. It’s like my blog except way cooler.
project1979 — also a new discovery over the weekend, this is a fascinating project about my generation
WinterIsComing.net — the go-to place for all “Game Of Thrones” news
Furious Comics — great horror anthology webcomic
Food Twenty Four Seven — my future cousin-in-law is an amazing cook and this is her blog about it. Yum!